Mama-bear's Gift of Music - Phoebe Snow

When mom and I couldn't talk because, you know, teenagers are jerks . . .  (Okay, maybe that was just me . . .)  She would put music on that seemed to say exactly what I needed to hear. She always builds bridges any way she that can and music was always the most reliable way.

This one from Phoebe Snow, Either of Both of Me, spoke to me at just the moment I needed it. I think it did for her too. We didn't need to say a word to know we were on the same page. It's funny how this song grows with you, changes meaning subtly as you go through life.





Either or Both

Sometimes these hands get so clumsy
That I drop things and people laugh
Sometimes these hands seem so graceful
I can see them signin' autographs

What I want to know from you
When you hear my plea
Do you like or love
Either or both of me
Do you like or love
Either or both of me

Sometimes this face looks so funny
That I hide it behind a book
But sometimes this face has so much class
That I have to sneak a second look

Sometimes this life gets so empty
That I become afraid
Then I remember you're in it
And I think I might still have it made


Comments

Popular Posts